Sunday, October 23, 2005













Moorish Tableaux

Across the vast acreage
of heather strewn fen, over a pristine wasteland
of peat bogs, sedge, moss and perpetual mist,
the seasons diminish and build
only to diminish and build again.

The flowing winds seep through granite corridors
and ravage the desolate land, whisper mysteriously;
an endless passage along empty paths
overgrown from disuse, barely discerned.

The moor claims what wanders lost;
her maze of tangled underbrush leads to abrupt ends
as her mucky mouth greedily sucks
down to her cold, carious depths
and preserves well,
whatever stumbles in.

© 2001 by Cookala

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

how do I stop it? this blogspam sucks!

1:19 PM  
Blogger Heather O'Neill said...

A real comment. Not a blam, spam, gorram ad.

I had the same problem. I used to have my Blog set as private, and then the minute I changed it to public... the spam was so thick that I needed my galoshes.

Romac cued me in to the solution:

Go to your Dashboard. Under the Comments tab you'll see these words:

Show word verification for comments?

Hit yes. This makes the commenter have to type in the word they see. This keeps the lazy spambombers at bay. I recommend it highly!
----

I was happy to see this picture again! It has that eerie quality that makes me feel just a little bit scared,but I have to keep looking at it anyway.

The images in your poem do an excellent job at creating the setting. It's almost like I'm there. I feel the chill of the wind as it blows all around me. The mist chills me further. I get the sense that I'm a tiny dot on this wild,open land.

1:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hey, Heather! Thanks for the insight - yay. I'm glad you like the pairings I've been doing - not easy to match the poem to the stock of photos I do have. In this case, though, they really do go well together. Thanks! I appreciate your feedback!

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home