Thursday, September 21, 2006

Well, so this post is for Chuck. I haven't heard from Chuck for awhile and oddly I've been wondering what he's been up to and then, as if he felt my vibes, he left a comment for me today. It was nice to see him return, and so I thought I should get myself over to his blog (Wuz Up Chuck?) and see what's been keeping him so busy. His latest entry is about how he's had a lifelong search for God, and I wanted to comment but couldn't for some weird server not speaking to server reason, so I thought I'd post my response to him here in the form of a poem I wrote a few years ago. So, Chuck, if you come back again soon, this one's for you. I hope it'll help you in your search.

Speaking Through Him

Think of me as the glint of the sun
on freshly fallen snow. Sense me
when a zephyr caresses your wearied cheek.
See me as a ballet of barley heads
splendorous in gold, bursting with seed.

See my foggy breath cloak the sovereign cordillera,
or hug the mirrored surfaces of lakes and ponds;
and when the days decline and the air grows crisp
see how my blood purifies the leaves
and suffuses in them a sublime palette.

I have not left you alone. I am here,
in all things living and wondrous,
all things unknown, reminding you to wonder
at the beauty of what I am
and of what I have always been
to all my children.

© 2003 by Cookala

8 Comments:

Blogger WoodChuck said...

Wow...my eyes welled up to overflowing...I had quickly compose myself and to tell the guy who works with me that my eyes were bothering me. I pretended to sneeze and stuff but I think I did an aweful job of covering up that one.
Thank you SO much.

11:19 AM  
Blogger WoodChuck said...

Movies, music, poems and the like have a way of bypassing the rational and making a direct hit on the soul.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Heya, Chuck! good, that's what a good poem is supposed to do - make you feel. and you're not alone, this poem has made everyone I know who's read it well up, too, so don't feel so bad. I hope the sentiment behind it helps you in your search. Thing is, God is all around us if we just stop the world for a moment and look for Him, and I wanted to share that with you. :-)

9:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

oh, and I almost forgot, you're very welcome!

9:02 PM  
Blogger WoodChuck said...

I went this morning for prayer at a church I don't belong. The women there seemed to know what to pray for without me saying a word. I wish I could say more but to sum it up, it reminded me of the poem.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

that is so cool! I bet you felt good afterwards, too. I don't go to church in a physical sense, but I do go to church in my heart. I suppose some would say I should go to church to honor God, but I'd rather honor him every day in my own way, and I think that's just as good. What matters is that you do it, not where you do it, and that you conduct your life in a "Godly" way. I don't always succeed, but I do keep trying.

10:23 PM  
Blogger WoodChuck said...

I know what you mean. Sometimes I feel we should ditch the franchises and keep the Owner. I found a little place that I love...surrounded by artists and their art. The music is sweet and the message are like a fireside chat. If it weren't for this place I wouldn't go either.
Have a good weekend cookala. I've really enjoyed talking to you this week.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

right back atcha, Chuck.

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home