Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I had the good fortune to have my camera with me last night when the sun set - and as you can see it was an exceptional one. The only downside (if you can even call it that) is that there was a slight breeze, so I didn't get that perfect mirroring of sky on water. There were so many different colors and blends as the sun progressed from supernova to an incredible afterglow.
Four of the shots were taken facing west/southwest, one (shot 4)was taken facing east/southeast and one (shot 3) was taken at 40x telephoto facing due south. My favorite sunsets are the ones I see in the winter. The cold, clear air gets the pinks, blues and purples I so love. Summer sunets are generally lots of reds and yellows, which are beautiful in their own way, but they just don't have the same impact on me as the winter ones. Lucky me to be only five minutes from the bay. Blessings come in so many forms, we just have to be alert to recognizing them.





8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice. Boy, are you lucky to live there.

9:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Heya, Nic! welcome, and thanks so much for dropping a line. Yes, I am very lucky in that way, and I'm greatful for it. I've lived minutes from the water almost all my life. I could never live for very long far inland - it would be a definite slow death for me.

10:14 PM  
Blogger SarahJane said...

those photos are beautiful. where do you live?

3:45 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello, and welcome, SarahJane! I live in Long Island, NY. It's well populated for a suburban area, but there are still hundreds of beautiful spots still waiting to be discovered.

8:18 PM  
Blogger SarahJane said...

ah ha - yes. in college my best friend lived out in bellport. there are some lovely places. thx for showing us.

3:32 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

you're welcome! (and Bellport is a beautiful area, too.)

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful series of shot, cookala. great colors: joyous.

my warmest wishes for this Holiday Season.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Right back atcha, Paula. I wish you the warmth of love, the yes! of peace and much prosperity in the new year. it's been such a joy to know you and your words and art ovet the net.

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home