Sunday, March 25, 2007



And so it begins.

After fighting the urge to join the April madness over at PFFA for over a month now, I have instead succumbed. Against all better sense, I've started a thread at PFFA for NaPoWriMo. God help me. I expect to be writing a lot of crappy haiku's, seeing that I have been unable to rouse my comatose muse since last June, when I ran out of steam from NaPoWriMo 2006.

I don't expect to be able to write something every day. I don't expect to be able to keep up with all the other threads. I don't expect to be able to write anything even close to halfway decent. But, wtf, maybe this will break the block. It's worth a try. And besides, I hate being left out - which is, in all honesty, the real reason why I succumbed in the first place. Not a great reason for joining in, I know, but I've partaken of April madness since it's inception in 2005 and I don't have the heart to drop out now, even if the poems I do write turn me a blend of scarlet and lime.

As in prior years, and if I do come up with anything of substance, I will post it here.

Like I've said, God help me.

2 Comments:

Blogger angie said...

Good to see you over there, Cookie. I have no idea what I'm doing, but expect a few haiku out of me, too. Sub-crappy. Especially if I don't get over this flu. :) Have a good time!

1:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

you got flu! oooh, poor you! that stuff is just miserable. don't worry about Napo, just put your pen to paper once a day and let it fly. expect to feel overwhelmed by day 4-5 that's normal. and don't expect to be able to keeep up with everyone's thread - I did that last year and it wiped me out big time. I'm a veteran so I know what to expect - but I'm doing a freak because of this writing block - I keep wondering how the hell I'm going to write 30 poems in 30 days after not writing much of anything for 10+ months. aiy. at this point, I think I'd feel better if I had the flu and didn't have a block!
feel better you!

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home