Saturday, January 06, 2007















Well, it's a week into 2007 and it was 67 degrees out today. El Nino has made the weather wacky. Instead of snow and arctic temperatures we're still stuck in fall, but without the color. Not that I'm complaining - I'll take warm and bleak over white and cold any day! Indeed, the trees are naked, but the grass is verdant and some plants are so confused they're blooming - like the pink viburnums, and the daffodils (which are already almost a foot high).

And because of the wide temperature fluctuations from day to night to day, there's been lots and lots of fog which I love and look for when I want to get out on a photographic walkabout. Fog makes everything mysterious, and mysterious is interesting to look at. So, because there was a fair amount of fog out this morning I got myself out of my warm bed and went walking. Here's some of the shots. One is turned on its side (the last one) purposely because it kinda looks like a surreal man with tree branch wings, and I like surreal.
















4 Comments:

Blogger Plus Ultra said...

Wow lovely photos

6:49 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, Plus! Happy New Year to you! Thanks for stopping by - glad you like the pics. Fog has a way of making mundane into wow - one of the reasons I love it for photos.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Autumn said...

Cookie - beautiful pictures. You should come up with a coffee table book. Happy New Year!

10:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hah! good idea - would probably get that published long before I could ever get my piddling poetry published! HNY back atcha, and thanks.

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home