Tuesday, March 27, 2007

an e-chapbook, you say?

Once upon a time, about 3 years ago, on a whim I entered a quarterly "Poetic Idol" contest at a site named Artella and to my total amazement won 1st prize - and a nice prize it was - $150 cold cash and an e-chapbook and publishing the winning poem (A Redress of Clouds in their paper magazine.

But then, nothing happened. Time passed. I finally contacted the publisher only to find out she'd suffered the loss of her father and hadn't been able to get to the e-chapbook. And then there had been a reorganization of staff. whatever. Ok, fine, no problem. It'd get done eventually....

Well, eventually led to 3 years and I'd pretty much written it off for ever getting done, when today I had an email from them telling me they had finally gottten around to finishing the e-chapbook. Well, I just about damn near fell off my chair.

The name of the e-chapbook is Origami and it contains 20 of my better, very early poems (some copyright dates go back to 2001), most of which were workshopped here at PFFA. I've just re-read them all and see some that really need sprucing, but some still stand up ok. The chapbook also has over 20 of my own photographs prettying it up.

So, I don't have all the details yet about how to get a copy or what it will cost, though I suppose it can't be more than $10. I have to set up a "shop" at their site that will enable you to download the chapbook directly to your printer. I don't know if you'll be able to purchase a printed copy. I don't know yet what setting up a "shop" entails, but I'll post the particulars for those of you who'd like to have a copy.

Imagine that....and what perfect timing for NaPo!!! I am so stoked!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Scotty said...

WTG, Cookie, lemme know how it turns out and I'll buy a copy. :-)

6:56 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

thanks so much for your support, Scotty!

12:25 PM  
Blogger angie said...

Great job, Cookie! I'll get one, too. :)

3:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

thank you so much, Angie!

4:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

thanks, and I know! It's early stuff, though, from a few years ago. And it's a "e" chapbook, but still - it'
s something!!! and the timing couldn't of been better, too.

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home