Friday, March 17, 2006

So, things have been quiet. I'm almost afraid to say that for fear it will change...but pops is out of the hospital and back at the nursing home. Can't say for how long this time. We met with the nursing staff and they're going to start giving him an appetite stimulant. If this doesn't work, then it's just a matter of time. But any way, that's not what I want to talk about.

Well, April is National Poetry Month, and you know poetry is very near and dear to my heart. Over at PFFA they're having a NaPoWriMo (National Poetry Writers Month) challenge again this year. You have to write a poem a day for April - 30 poems in 30 days. Aiy! I did it last year and nearly sucked all the blood out of my muse. I didn't write didlysquat for a long time after that. A lot of people didn't.

But guess what? heh. I've signed up again. I swear, I'm a masochist. I really am. I was lurking and I saw the notice up in Challenges, and I started to feel left out and out in the field, or something like that. Even though I had a major brain drain after last year's WriMo, it was a lot of fun to be a part of. So, yeah, I'm doing it again. I'm hoping it will get me kick started again with writing poetry, somthing that's nagged at me since last November, when I pretty much just stopped.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

4 Comments:

Blogger David said...

If you keep your fingers crossed
how are you going to write poetry?
:)

1:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

heh! tape recorder?

yuk yuk

3:37 PM  
Blogger WoodChuck said...

Wow, sounds great. Hope the writing flows very enjoyably and that it does kick something into gear. Maybe you can blog your best of cookala here.

4:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

oooh, good idea! Will definitely do - thanks for the idea, Chuck.

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home