Saturday, April 01, 2006

Well, I've done it. I've posted my first *gag, upchuck* poem for NaPoWriMo. Took me all of 6 hours, most of which were spent staring into space trying to come up with something to write a poem about. In the end, after desperation had set in, I finally wrote something about not being able to write. Ick. What a mess. What a way to return to PFFA. *sigh* Everyone else did a fab job with their first poem. *louder sigh*

Oh well, it's done and posted and Day 1 is behind me. Nothing to worry about now, except day 2. Aiy. What have I gotten myself into?

Well, if anything, I hope it gets my rhyme rushing out in torrents, and quickly. I don't want to murder my readers AND my muse any more than is necessary.

3 Comments:

Blogger scavella said...

Don't think so much. These poems are drafts more than anything else. April's the time to tap into that undercurrent of creativity, but you can't till you clear the crap out of the way.

It's like using a water pump. All rust and sludge when you first begin, and then the water comes out cool and clear.

So if you clear the crap on April 1, just think what'll come out later.

4:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Scavella! THanks. But I'm still red - I'm writing way below the level I left off at, but I guess it's to be expected. Still, I really appreciate your support, and I love your clear water metaphor - it's perfect!

5:26 PM  
Blogger WoodChuck said...

Seems like when I get competitive or comparative it shuts down my creativity.

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home